seven deadly since

What is your review of The Seven Deadly Sins (anime series)?

From someone who has seen A LOT of anime,this anime is very basic.They throw in a bunch of stereotypes to make it seem interesting.The main character has some hidden power inside of him that know one else knew about that is super overpowered.Sounds like a couple other animes I’ve watched.The main character likes to inappropriately touch the female partner like in any basic anime. It has a good story but the writers just didn’t play it off right.The thing I didn’t like most was at the end when everyone died and Elaine just happened to bring back everyone with no losses. It just pulls the viewer out of the suspense now that she can just bring back anything and nothing is scary anymore. It reminds me of Fairy Tail in the sense where your not scared for the characters since you know nothing bad will happen to them.Plus this is an anime for beginning watchers.People that are just getting into anime.There are so many other amazing animes out there that have way better stories.I’m only saying this because a lot of people that watch this show says it is better than shows like DBZ,naruto,one piece.These are action anime with actual time put into them.And it is especially amusing to me when these beginning anime fans say that Meliodas could easily whoop Goku or Madara Uchiha. Basically this anime is for beginning anime fans and it has no real story or redeeming qualities.I would recommend another quick action like Akame Ga Kill.This show is not perfect but it is definitely better than seven deadly sins.


Who is the strongest member in “Seven Deadly Sins”?

Meliodas, no way around it.

Meliodas is the captain of the seven deadly sins, and for a reason, meliodas started off as the third strongest sin on power level alone, with a power level of 3370, excluding escanor of course. Keep in mind he did not have his sacred treasure with him at that time. He stayed like that for seasons, with some powerboosts when he used his demon powers. He stayed like that for a WHILE. But later we learn from Merlin that this is not his full power. He then undergoes a test to see if he can let go of his past his wrath, and sure enough he passes. He then get’s his sealed power back and gets a base power level of 32,500, a pretty big boost.

After that it is nothing but insane powerups. We later learn about Meliodas in assault mode, where his power level is 142,000. The ten commandments themselves said that they were terrified of him when he was in assault mode back when he was a commandment, and for good reason. When merlin put him and escanor in a perfect cube to fight it out, he wiped the floor with escanor. Until escanor entered the one mode, and one shotted meliodas with a chop, that moment showed us the true strength of THE escanor, and also that meliodas is far from being the strongest sin.

But then after that he starts looking for the ten commandments, to consume them and have enough power to beat the demon king. With each commandment, his power level grew significantly, and when he was done with all of them and beat the demon king, he became one, and had an INSANE power level of 800,000, according to my estimates, we have no official power level.

Now I will rank the sins, at the currently stand at the end of the manga, in my opinion.

  1. Meliodas (True magic form)

Power level: 800,000+

2. Ban (After purgatory)

Power level: 650,000+

3.King ( With fully grown wings)

Power level: 450,000 +

4.Escanor (The one mode)

Power level: 350,000 +

5.Merlin (When she tries)

Power level: 200,000 +

Diane (After Droles dance)

Power level: 50,000+

Gowther (Emotions restored)

35,000+

But don’t forget that some of them have insane tactical value


What are the seven deadly sins? What are real-life examples of each?

THE EIGHT DEADLY SINS AND THEIR SUBDIVISIONS

By Saint Ignaty Bryanchaninov (+ 1867), from the online catalogue of the "Transfiguration of Our Lord" Russian Orthodox Church, Baltimore, MD - USA.

1. GLUTTONY

Overeating, drunkenness, nor keeping the fasts, eating in secret, over-indulgence, extreme love of one's body and bodily comforts, which leads to egoism and indifference to God, and virtue.

2. LUST

Sexual desires in the heart and soul. The entertainment of impure thoughts, delight in them, acceptance of them. Sexual fantasies and enthrallment. Inappropriate physical contact. Foul language and the reading of sexually inflaming literature. Sins of natural sex (fornication and adultery) and unnatural (sodomy and bestiality).

3. AVARICE

Love of money and material possessions. The desire to enrich oneself and thoughts of how to achieve it. Greed and cupidity. Lack of faith in God's Providence. Addition to and unhealthy love for earthly possessions, which keep the soul in bondage. Love of gifts. Misappropriation. Usury. Hard-heartedness towards the needy. Theft. Piracy.

4. WRATH

Hot temper, angry and revengeful thoughts, irritability, seething of the heart and mind with rage; quarreling, indecent shouting, use of obscenities and cruel words, beating, pushing, murder. Malice, hate, enmity, revenge, slander, the passing of judgment on others, giving offense to others.

5. DESPAIR

Chagrin, despondency, loss of faith in God, doubt of God, ungratefulness towards God for everything that happens in one's life, faint-heartedness, impatience, taking offense, grumbling, renunciation of one's cross, the attempt to give it up.

6. IDLENESS

Indolence towards all good deeds, especially prayer. Abandonment of church and home prayers. Abandonment of constant prayer and spiritual reading. Indifference to and hastiness in praying. Negligence, Impiety, Slothfulness. Excessive abandonment to sleep and other bodily comforts. Idle talk. Improper jokes. Sacrilege. Abandonment of spiritual labors. Forgetfulness of one's sins. Forgetfulness of Christ's Commandments. Carelessness. Loss of the fear of God.

7. VANITY

Vainglory. Bragging. Desire and seeking after earthly and vain honors. Love of beautiful clothing and things. Excessive attention to the attractiveness of one's body. Shame in confessing one's sins. Deceitfulness. Self-justification. Contradiction. Hypocrisy. Lying. Flattery. Sycophancy (Slander). Envy. Humiliation of others. Moral relativism. Shamelessness. Demonic lifestyle.

8. PRIDE

Contempt for others. Self-preferment. Defiance. Clouding of the mind and heart. Exclusive reliance on earthly things. Disbelief. False intellect. Disobedience of the Law of God and the Church. Imposing of one's own will. Reading heretical, profane and vain books. Revolt against authority. Mockery. Abandonment of humility and silence. Loss of simplicity. Loss of love for God and one's neighbors. Death of the soul.

Such are the sins which constitute the great curse - the mortality of Adam



Can the seven deadly sins be forgiven?

Yes, of course, but if humanity ONLY had seven deadly sins we would be lucky. Basically sin means “missing the mark” or in common language - making a mistake. “God” as our parent, forgives his children, we as parents, forgive our children. If we do not forgive our children but only severly punish them, we are psychopaths. The same would be true for “God”

The problem is how many times “God” or parents forgive their children for their ignorance or refusing to change. Jesus gave the answer, 70 times7.

Most parent would understand this. Beside how can these 7 sins be deadly, since murder, lying, stealing, etc are NOT mentioned?



How do I watch Seven Deadly Sins in chronological order including the movies 

Unlike, say a Monogatari or Fate-verse, Nanatsu no Taizai or rather Seven Deadly Sins is quite easy to get into. There isn't much in terms of watch order, since it's a fairly straightforward narrative.

So without much fuss let's get to the meat already. For everyone's consideration let me first list the things that have released yet.

  • The Seven Deadly Sins (2014)(1st Season)
  • Nanatsu no Taizai: Bandit Ban(OVA)(2015)
  • Nanatsu no Taizai: Heroes Fun Time(OVA)(2015)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Signs of Holy War(Prologue to Season-2)(2016)
  • Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Joshou(Special)(2018)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments (2018)(2nd Season)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Heroes’ Frolic(OVA)(2018)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins the Movie: Prisoners of the Sky(Movie)(2018)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods (2019)(3rd Season)
  • The Seven Deadly Sins: Judgement of Fury (2021)(4th Season)

Believe me when I tell you, this is also the ideal watching order for you. However, if I were you, I'd skip the OVAs and Specials, since they don't have any impact on the main story line. Also feel free to watch the movie or not, it's not really mandatory as it is not canon, though it has some nice visuals.

To add further, probably you'll consider leaving the series after Season-2, and let me tell you it's fine to do that, the animation only becomes more awful after that and so does the narrative. But hey, who am I to discourage you!

Well I hope that helps with your query.


Which vice(s) do you most struggle with, e.g. one of the seven deadly sins?


I have a lot of “vices", but for the most part, I know that part of me and usually be at peace with it. For example, I know I indulge on food, and I'm Ok with it. I know I'm arrogant and pretentious, and I'm OK with it. I know I have a temper, I control it as much as I could, the rest I just leave it be. I know I'm a selfish bastard, so what? I'm the most important person for me, as it should be. I come to this age when I know enough about myself to be content with who I am, the good, the bad and the ugly.

But there's one thing I do struggle with, and I want to change that part of me.

Sloth

More like procrastination. I have a lot of stuff I really want to do, I have stories in my head I want to write out. I have pictures I want to draw, I have books I want to read, I have places I want to visit. All that, ruined by binge watching TV shows and browse facebook and Quora.

I don't need as much as sleep as majority of people, I usually sleep for 5 hours. I don't have family, I don't hang out with friends, I don't have pets (I don't even have plants), that means after work from 9 pm to 3 am in the morning are all to myself, not to mention weekends. I have chunk of time I can work on a lot of stuff, I can be very productive with that much time. I have zero excuses not to do the stuff I want to do. No one discourage me, (if there is, I wouldn't care. I'm that arrogant). I have confidence with my abilities, I enjoy writing and drawing and reading…

The only thing that stop me from making my imaginary master piece into a reality is plain old laziness. It is frustrating. I want to change, I want to set up a schedule that push myself to work on my projects from this hour to that hour. But nope… it doesn’t work. Nights after nights, weekends after weekends, wasted on binge watching neflix and writing on Quora or facebook. I could sit there literally has no energy to pull myself up to go to bathroom, or take shower, sometimes couldn't even lift my finger to turn off Netflix.

It's one of those low energy state, like your breathing is slow, you don't even move your eyes, you just sit there, have TV white noise and stop thinking about anything.

I do have periodical “burst" of creativity, where I could spend 20–40 hours to finish a painting or pump out 5–8K words per night for a few night straight. Regardless how shitty my work actually is, those are really happy times, I feel invincible, fulfilled, worthy, and happy. I figure it's perhaps has something to with my day job. When my day job get quiet, I get more creative at night; when day job get into crunch time, I often get off work, just want to sit there and do nothing. I have no energy to write, to think about plot line or characters. I guess it's reasonable to imagine I only have that much energy, I can either dump it at work, or try to maintain some for my own stuff. But it's really hard when the job is demanding.

Maybe it's not sloth, it's just me burning out.